Saturday, March 1, 2014

Lent: A Season of Reflection

 
 
 
March 5 is Ash Wednesday, signaling the beginning of Lent.  It is a time of preparation for Easter.  In many Christian traditions, it signals a time of growing even closer to our Lord. This may be done by fasting, as a means of sacrifice, as Jesus sacrificed himself for us.  For myself, I generally fast some sort of social media because it takes my focus away from God.  I do this voluntarily; not because it is mandated by my church.  There are many distractions in life and somehow, thinking about Jesus nailed on the cross while I am perusing a dating website, just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.  Lent begins on Ash Wednesday and lasts for 40 days, excluding Sundays, leading up to Easter. 
 
It is my intent, to bring you a series of blogs that have to do with the Lenten season.  It may be devotionals or a full blown article; however, the Holy Spirit moves me.  May this be a time of reflection and growth in your faith as you draw nearer to Christ. 
 
"...This is what is written:  The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."  Luke 24:46-47

No comments:

Post a Comment