Saturday, March 22, 2014

All things Oola






Well as I continue on this crazy journey called life, I am learning more and more about Oola.  One of the biggest things that Oola proposes is to be grateful for both the good and the bad in your life.  Sort of has the ring of 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 

After re-reading this morning's blog and shedding a few tears, I decided to make a list of all the things I am grateful for; mind you, this is not comprehensive but it is a good start.  I am organizing by the 7 F's of Oola -- Faith, Family, Friends, Field, Fitness, Finance and Fun. 

Faith:
I am grateful for the freedom to worship as I please.
I am grateful for the freedom to not be persecuted for my religious practices.
I am grateful for my home church, my pastors and my church family.
I am grateful for the Bible.
I am grateful for God's peace that surrounds me.

Family:
I am grateful for my children and grandchildren.
I am grateful that they love me unconditionally.
I am grateful that they miss me when I am not around.
I am grateful that God has allowed tremendous joy and memories through them.

Friends:
I am grateful for my best friend of over 50 years.
I am grateful for my friends in St. Louis.
I am grateful for my friends in Las Vegas.
I am grateful for my friends in Kuwait.
I am grateful for the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people on social media.
I am grateful that all have been chosen by God to be in my life for a very specific purpose.

Field:
I am grateful that I not one job but two.
I am grateful that I love both jobs.
I am grateful that I get to use my creativity to perform in my job.
I am grateful for the opportunity to work with special children.
I am grateful that I have discovered my love of writing.
I am grateful that God's hand is always on the work that I do; whether teaching or writing.

Fitness:
I am grateful that I am physically able to exercise.
I am grateful I have enough to eat.
I am grateful for the wonderful weather in Las Vegas, making exercise possible nearly everyday.
I am grateful that I have people who want to encourage me.
I am grateful that God gave me patience, perseverance and an indomitable spirit.

Finance:
I am grateful to have enough money to pay my bills.
I am grateful to have enough money to put food on the table.
I am grateful to have the necessities in life.
I am grateful that my retirement is growing each and every day I step into work.
I am grateful God gave me the wherewithal to be a survivor.

Fun:
I am grateful that my requirements for fun are very low maintenance.
I am grateful that fun exists in this world.
I am grateful that I have friends who are fun.
I am grateful for people who want to see me have fun.
I am grateful God taught me how important it is to have fun again.

So as I continue on this journey, I am grateful God allows to wake up each and every day and walk down this path.  It has been filled with ups and downs but blessed, each and every step of the way.  Even though it is my life, I am grateful that God allows me free will to live it out according to His plan and purpose.  I am grateful for God.   I am grateful for it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment