Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Many years ago I resolved never to bother with New Year’s ...






It's 2016...hard to believe we are starting a new year.  I knew 2015 was going to be fabulous but had no idea how amazing it would turn out!  As for 2016, I believe that year will be "transformational."  It will be a time of growth and even more positive changes.

I have 21 goals for my Oola year but here are my top seven.

Fitness: Lose 5 pounds a month until I feel comfortable and look great.  I would like to be a size 10 or 12 or until I am referred to as "hot"!  I am no longer looking at numbers for the final outcome -- a first in my life and a much healthier vision. 

Field:  Increased blog visibility.  Make a move; less teaching,  more ministry.  Not sure how it will happen but I am trusting God implicitly for this.  It is, after all, His plan for my life.  All I can do is pray and become closer to Him.  When the time is right, He will make it known to me.

Finance: Get a decent life insurance policy and make a new will.  Time to be even more responsible.  My last will was done in my 30's.  I will also be looking over my budget today.  I have not done that for awhile and it needs to be done. 

Fun:  I want to zip line ... I can do it at the Strip but would rather do it at some exotic location.  Fremont Street pales in comparison to Hawaii.  I need to start saving to make that happen. When it does, pics will definitely be posted!

Friends:  Do a random act of kindness for a friend once a month.  I could do it for a stranger but doesn't it sound awesome to make a friend feel special? 

Family:  Spend once a year with the out-of-staters and once-a month for the in-staters.  It is hard to plan times together but I am hoping my wedding will bring us all together.  No marriage plans in the near future as I have too much to accomplish; but I will be letting them know to start saving money. 

Faith:  Extending my prayer time with Him and allowing my spirit to align with His will and ways.  I already know that I have been called to ministry; this is the year to see His vision for my life.

And so, as you can see, my life is not about resolutions; rather, it is about goals that I set back in December during Oolapalooza.  It is not easy to focus on all these areas but will be taking it a day at a time.

I must confess, I feel like a butterfly.  I'm in my cocoon and developing into a beautiful butterfly.   I have changed tremendously in the last few years.  No more looking back; only forward.   Until 2013, I never saw life as an adventure.  I feel blessed to have been given a second chance and the opportunity to recognize the gift of life.  God has been good to me.  He opened my eyes when I was blind.  I was in a hole and could not see past the walls that were caving in around me.  He sent people my way, to reach down and pull me out of that hole.  He washed the mud off me with His love and healed me.  He sent me "the best of the best".  I have truly been blessed.

So as I look forward to the transformation I continue to go through, I pray that all my readers have a happy and healthy year.  That God will bless you as he's blessed me.  I am praying He will heal those who struggle with physical, emotional or financial problems; that he will give hope to the hopeless; and allow me to encourage you as you walk through this life. 

For those who need prayer, e-mail me at lisak58@hotmail.com.  I will pray with you and for you.

Matthew 18:18-20 says,

"Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

May we all gather in His name and make this the best year ever!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment