Monday, April 7, 2014

My Oola Journey: From Fat to Fabulous



Well, I have been following my plan for about ten days now.  1200 calories a day coupled with exercise.  The treadmill for 30 minutes on the fat burner level -- I burn about 200 calories on it.  Getting back to exercising has not been as difficult as I anticipated.  Every day I scoot up my heart rate just a smidge.  It has not been easy but also, easier than I thought!

Although time consuming, cooking on the week-ends and freezing my food has made a huge difference in my success.  My time during the week is incredibly limited.  I attend church one night a week and tutor two evenings a week.  I also like to try to hit the gym on the days I have nothing planned.  I'm not going to lie -- it is tough to motivate myself.  Yet, I have my Oola Fitness goals staring me in the face.  My exercise is written into my calendar.  I also have a couple of accountability partners.  And of course, writing this blog is a huge factor in my sticking to my program.  No one wants to write that they have failed.  And so, I do this not just for me, but to also encourage others who are struggling along the way.

This past week, I have lost 1.5 pounds.  It is my first weekly goal, and I have met it.  I feel good about that.  Not only is it a weight goal that I wanted to meet, it is much more than that.  It is a small taste of success.  I have worked hard and it is paying off.  The results?  More self-confidence and a higher level of self-esteem.  And the motivation I have been looking for.  I find myself WANTING to do this.  I want to look better -- feel better-- and live my Oola life. 

 As they say in Oola, dream...then, dream bigger.  My dream is to be at a size I am happy with by November.  I am taking it one day at a time, one step at a time.  My plan is laid out.  You cannot fail using the methods offered by the OolaGuru and the OolaSeeker. Although I use them in all areas of my life, fitness is one area that I am focusing on heavily this year.  It is a must-do for health, agility, longevity and a better sense of self.  If you don't believe me, try it.  Go get your OolaFitness on and see how much better you will feel!

And if you need an accountability partner, leave a comment.  We can do this together!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment