Tuesday, June 28, 2016

But Do You Have an Oil for That?

Pop Drop Diffuse - Young Living Essential Oils

How, oh how, did I come to love these oils so much?  Today I woke up -- feeling blah!  You know those days....it is 115 degrees out here in Vegas and there is little I wish to do.  Everything is an effort.  To top it off, I have vertigo, which has been hanging on for over a week.  Even writing is an effort.

However, I decided, today I am making up my own blend and diffusing some En-R-Gee, Peppermint and Joy together.  I must say, it is not the most amazing smelling aroma but I do know, I am feeling perkier since sitting in my office while it diffuses.  And my head feels clearer. So, what is it with oils that when you diffuse them, you feel better?  I decided to do a little research using "Essential Oils: Pocket Edition."

Here's what it says.  "The fragrance of an essential oil can directly affect everything from your emotional sate to your lifespan.  The specific mechanics of the sense of smell are still being explored by scientists but have been described as working like a lock and key..." (p.26)  In effect, when you smell something, it triggers your sense of smell, which in turn activates different parts of your brain such as where your sense of taste, memories and areas that control your heart rate, stress levels, blood pressure, hormone balance and a host of other areas.  "The sense of smell is the only one of the five senses directly linked to the limbic lobe of the brain, the emotional control center....Anxiety, depression, fear, anger and joy all emanate from this region." (p. 27).  You can see why diffusing these oils can be so incredibly powerful.

And so, for those of you who doubt, take comfort in the fact that I too was a doubter...until I actually started using essential oils.  Although not always the best-smelling, I know that the Joy and En-R-Gee will help kick start my day while the peppermint will give me a swift kick in the behind!  And frankly, that is what I have needed for awhile.  After diffusing for thirty minutes, I feel the sluggishness wearing away.

So, you can see why one might feel better when diffusing oils.  As for treating depression, anxiety, and other issues in ones' life?  Oils are not designed to take the place of traditional medicine, nor would I suggest it.  I still take all my medications that are prescribed by my physician.  However, I do know on days when I have a little more difficulty with concentration, waking up or feeling tense that yes, we do have an oil for that!

Yes, I love my oils and each month, my collection is ever-growing.  Research shows that they can support our health status.  That's all I need to know.  What about you?



www.yldist.com/lisalehr
(702) 623-1323

No comments:

Post a Comment