Thursday, December 3, 2015

OolaPalooza 2015: The Day Before

12240273_1039694206062147_1681446085487347346_o.jpg





And so begins the yearly trek to the Vegas strip where the Oola "flock" gathers.  I have not had time to pack my bags but rather, am filled with nervous energy; so much, that I decided to write a short blog.  I am incredibly excited to see what this year's conference holds for us. 

Aside from entertainment, we will be setting yearly goals in the areas of field, finance, family, friends, fun, fitness, and faith.  I'm not sure where the next two days journey will take me but it will be interesting to find out.

I am meeting a friend that I met last year and we are spending the week-end together.  I took a day off of work in order to attend the conference; yes, it is that important to me!  I have been thinking about the goals I would like to set for the upcoming year.  I have some ideas for field, finance, faith and fitness.  Friends and fun?  Not so sure on that front; maybe because those two areas always seem to take a backseat in my life?

Tonight, I celebrate my third year of following my Oola life plan.  I will definitely drink a toast with my friend and catch up on the last year.  We will have an amazing dinner and who knows what after that....I do know, this is not just a week-end of R & R -- rather, it is definitely a working week-end.  We will be thinking about and writing down our goals and our dreams.  We will set the stage for the next year.  This is about growing and balancing our lives; no small task.

And so, as I gather my things and get ready, I will do a little soul-searching.  It takes getting real and honest with oneself in order to figure out what you want for your life. And before I go, I will say a prayer; after all, this week-end is not just about my goals and dreams but to follow God's plan for my life in the process.  If I can do that?  Well, that's pretty Oola!

No comments:

Post a Comment