Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Power of Positivity




After Oolapalooza, I went home and have been reading through my goals.  Although I spoke with all of the Oola guys, I spoke with one in particular; Cornell Thomas the author of "The Power of Positivity:  Controlling Where the Ball Bounces."  Cornell is one of those people you can't help but love.  He does a couple of Periscopes a day, and of late, I have been thinking about his messages.  So much that I have decided that I needed to change some things in my life.

I came home from Oolapalooza a different person; changed on many levels.  I re-evaluated my past year, my thoughts and my actions and a Bible verse kept ringing in my head.  It is Psalms 19:14 which says, "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." (NLT)  I began to not only think about what I say and how I say it, but also the feelings associated with my words.  You see, I was raised in a very negative environment.  Although I have overcome a lot, I have not overcome everything.  As a result, if something bad happens during my day, I tend to dwell on it.  And in fact, one bad thing can set off a host of words and feelings that are just not Christian at all.  Yes, I am human!

As I read over my handbook from Oola, one of my Oola goals was to remove negative thinking and dwelling on bad things.  Rather, I will just say, "Stop!"  and move forward.  The funny thing is, when you write down goals, they tend to happen.

Well, the Holy Spirit convicted me with regards to this goal.  Ever since then, I have been meditating on this verse.  It is now my daily mantra before and during work.  You see, I don't just want to talk the talk but rather, walk the walk.  I want to do God's work and in order to do that, I need to be very intentional in my walk with Him. 

So, every morning before leaving for work, I begin my day with prayer.  I pray not only for myself but for others.  When you pray, it does not have to be specific.  My prayer is for anyone who is suffering emotionally, physically, spiritually or financially.  I may or may not know who the prayer is for but I want to lift up those who have no one to pray for them.  Since I began doing this, I am not only happier at work but seem to be a much more effective teacher.  I don't sweat the small stuff, have much more patience and come home happier.  Life is good!

So, for those of you who are struggling with positive thoughts, meditate on this verse.  God will lift you up.  Your thoughts will be more positive and although your day may not be perfect, you will find yourself  being happier.  This has been a real gift from God to me!

So if you want to grow in your faith walk or even, just have a better day...think good thoughts!  Meditate on a  Bible verse that resonates with you.   Don't let the negatives in your life pull you down.  It's easy to get caught up in the drama.  Instead, let God bless you so that you can be a blessing to others! I promise...it works!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment