Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Annual Christmas Newsletter


But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these ...



Dear Friends,

Well, as I had predicted. 2015 was a great year!  I hit five out of my seven Oola goals and returned from Oolapalooza 2015 with seven new goals. When I looked back at my key word to describe 2015, it was "growth" whereas, in 2014 it was "interesting".   I described one of the worst things of 2014 as dating.  It was probably one of the best things of 2015, as I met my fiancĂ©e.  I predict 2016 to be a year of "changes".

The last two years have taught me to be grateful for all things.  As I continue on my life's journey, I find that nothing is bad per se but rather, a teaching experience; to make one stronger, wiser and hopefully, a better human being.

This year, I moved back to elementary school from high school.  Although it has had its challenges, I love the students I work with; they are engaging and bring much joy to my life.  Most of all, they show me "real" challenge and change.  If you ever think your life is difficult, work with special needs children.  They will show you what difficult is and how they face it with strength and a quiet (and sometimes not-so-quiet) grace.  I try to explain to them that everyone is unique and that they are special rather than "special needs".  I'm not sure anyone has ever taken the time to do that in their short life within the scope of education. 

Faith has very much remained a part of my journey.  I continue to pray for all those who are too tired, weary or struggling to pray for themselves.   I remember how it feels to be so down that I could not get the words out....rather, my tears were my prayers.   I know God hears our prayers and answers them in His time and way.  I continue to blog and it is my goal that it will offer hope, healing and encouragement to those who need it. 

God has placed a call in my life to ministry.  Although I am looking at traditional paths, I am also looking at non-traditional paths as well.  Interesting how things fall into place when you open your heart and your mind.  Fear is no longer a part of my vocabulary.  Rather, gratitude, love, courage, and strength. 

This year, I met a man who changed my life.  He proposed to me after 10 months of dating.  Okay, more like after 3 days but I accepted after 10 months!  He not only pursued me with purpose and passion but made me understand how completely beautiful God made me.  He lifts me up every single day with his words of encouragement.  Although this could be considered a May-December romance, I am okay with that because he is everything I have ever wanted in a man; be careful what you wish for!  No wedding date as of yet.  I am, if nothing else, understandably gun-shy!

I have a total of six grandchildren now with another on the way.  I have been fortunate enough to visit all of them this year.  There is nothing I enjoy more than running around with those kiddos and visiting with my own children.  I am officially an empty-nester which has left me with some very mixed feelings;  I am thankful they are all raised yet miss them terribly!!

God has blessed me in ways I cannot fit into this short note.   Although I would never wish my former life on anyone,  I never want to forget where I've been.  I not only know but have experienced that nothing is impossible with Christ.  This season...this life... is about Him.  I pray that you are all blessed in ways that you cannot imagine.  May you have a Merry Christmas and much joy in the coming year.

Peace in Him,

Lisa












No comments:

Post a Comment