Friday, August 7, 2015

The Perfect Day

God is Heart


Today was about as perfect a day as one could possibly want.  I seldom get into a relaxation mode but today was a full-on vacation day. 

The day began with a text from my daughter.  She is pregnant, according to her, 288 days.  I reminded her -- 67 days from a year!  Thanks, grandma!   I can't imagine she has much longer to go as baby is getting big and she is well past her due date.  It is a matter of time and grandma is anxious!   We touch base daily and it is one of the highlights of my day!

I also texted my son who just competed in the Drum Corps International quarterfinals.  He has semi-finals tonight, so I wished him good luck and told him I love him.  I am getting anxious as he will be home Sunday after being gone nearly three months!  I am also excited to see how they do tonight -- he promised he would text the scores!

I also had a doctor's appointment today.  My insurance has changed significantly, so I decided to see if I could switch out all my medications for generic.  I could and walked out with my prescriptions in hand.  I dropped them off at the pharmacy and told them I would return a couple of hours later.

Once I got back, my bestest friend in Nevada asked me if I would like to play tennis.  It was in the 80's this morning and I figured, it was a good day to get back on the court.  I have not been on the tennis court since May, when the pain of my foot got too intense from a tennis injury sustained in February.  I let it rest this summer and decided it was time to try.  Once on the court, my shots were effortless.  I found that I had not lost a lot of ground and my partner agreed.  We lost track of time and played for about 45 minutes.  It felt good to be breaking a sweat again.

Afterwards, we went to the pharmacy.  Total cost of my prescriptions?  Zero!  That's right -- my pharmacy bill has now gone from $150 per month to nothing!  I was beyond excited!  In fact, I was shouting "Woot-Woot" all the way out the drive-thru!  Yes, that is a huge savings for me!

We returned to my best buddy's house, where I made a light lunch.  A little tuna salad on a bed of lettuce.  It was delicious.  I also made a "frosty"...not real but a mock one that is allowed on my eating plan.

After lunch, we went swimming in his pool.  I had a chance to exercise a bit.  I've been swimming laps and also doing water exercises to tighten and tone my body.  Although I don't believe in horoscopes, my sign is Pisces -- the fish.   He reminds me of this daily, saying that  I'm a real water baby. I'd have to agree... I love the water and all things associated with it.  And so, it was an incredible treat to swim today.  It also gave me a chance for a second workout; something I have not done for years!!

I also got a chance to read -- something I hardly ever do.  This week, I've been reading a John Grisham book poolside.  Because the weather was so incredibly fabulous today, I sat outside and read for over an hour.  In my world, if it's not a textbook, it's a luxury.  That's what reading felt like to me today.

Once we left the pool, the cooking commenced.  Pizza made with a spaghetti squash crust.  It took a little time and so, I got some writing and editing completed including this blog.

As the sun begins to go down, I can't think of a more perfect day than the one I've had today.  I feel incredibly blessed to have spent some time in the sunshine, with a man who makes me laugh and having an incredible dinner.  I've had some activity, time to relax and saved major money from my budget.  Today is just one of those days...it was perfect!

Susan Boyle "Perfect Day"
https://youtu.be/09RqlKsygwY

No comments:

Post a Comment