Saturday, August 29, 2015

My Oola Journey: From Fat to Fabulous




I saw this picture on Facebook this morning, and it really spoke to me.  I've been trying to lose 50 pounds for the last 20 years.  I will lose 10, 20 or even 40 -- only to gain it back. But this time...it's real...it's hard...it's forever. 

Losing weight doesn't always mean you will see the scale move.  For instance, I have been at the same weight for about a month now.  It is hard to be patient and do exactly what I'm supposed to do -- however, I continue this journey. 

I am a 50+, so weight loss does not come easily.  It takes dedication, drive and commitment.  I always did lose weight slowly.  For instance, after the birth of my 2nd child, it took me 6 months to lose 15 pounds!  That is etched in my memory because I remember the amount of patience it took and how happy I was when I reached that goal.  As I grow older, I have come to realize that it's not always about the number.  For instance, last night I was sitting in the car and the driver turned to me and said, "Where's your stomach?"  I looked down...it was flat.  Holy cow!  When did that happen???  I had been so busy looking at the scale, I forgot to look at me!

My Oola goal was to lose 50 pounds in a year.  I am down 17.  I don't know if I will get there by December but I do know I will look a heck of a lot better!  At this stage of the game, it's about getting healthy.  Frankly, if I lost 50 pounds, I might look great or I might look sickly.  So, although my goal is 50 pounds, I am working toward health, energy and yes, looking a little better.

If you are having one of those days where you ate something that was not so healthy, just move forward.  I used to beat myself up but now I realize that this is a lifetime plan and yes, little things like "life" happen.  I feel like today I am balanced and in control, regardless of whether or not I have a perfect day or less than perfect day. 

If you are struggling, join me on this journey.  Take control of your life.  If you'd like more information about the plan I am on, feel free to send me a direct message on Twitter.
Remember, this is about the journey.  As it continues, I have learned this much...I deserve this and I will do it!  I have faith that you will too!

"The Climb" by Miley Cyrus
https://youtu.be/NG2zyeVRcbs?list=PLAF1928DD0C97D647

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment