Thursday, May 5, 2016

Facing your Fears




Fear.  Whether it's fear of failure or fear of success, it's a real Oola blocker.   If you have this, you are not going to get to your Oola life.   Right now, I recognize it as I reach the pinnacle of my dreams.  Why is that?  I'm not really sure...I've been going after my OolaLife for nearly three years; dedicating myself to writing and now speaking.  So, why does it seem so difficult?

Let's face it -- I've done courageous stuff.  Writing about my life and posting for the world to see...THAT takes courage.  Yet, there's sort of an anonymity to it.  But actually taking the next step?  That's hard.  That takes courage.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not about to pass up an opportunity that comes by; for that would be foolish indeed.  No, I am doing it.  I understand opportunities are rare and if one comes your way, you are blessed.  And so, I am definitely on board for it.

Yesterday, I felt like crying.  I couldn't figure out why.  I think I know why now.  Not fear but rather, the understanding that this is all falling together.  God's timing.  It's there.  I spoke with my former pastor the day before and he knew exactly what ministry I felt the need to fulfill.  And there it was; in words.  His words.  Something I'd been unable to express in the years prior.  It was in my heart, just not my lips. 

And so, as I watch God's plan unfold for my life, I will walk in His way.  Complete surrender.  Scary sometimes but then, that's what Satan would love....for us to be SO scared that we would back away.  Not this girl.  I have fought tougher fights and inner demons.  I've worked through it all.  This too shall pass.

So, I guess the takeaway is, don't let fear be your Oola blocker. Follow your dreams with courage and conviction. Go after the life you deserve and when God blesses you with good things, don't shy away.   He is indeed rewarding you for your hard work and perseverance.  Follow His footsteps and know that He is walking before you.

"Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!"  Psalm 27:14
A song of hope and courage:
"I am With You" by Scripture Lullabies

https://youtu.be/Zwq0q_prp9c



No comments:

Post a Comment