Friday, May 20, 2016

Not All Who Wander Are Lost



I've always been somewhat of a Bohemian spirit ... a dreamer, one who marches to the beat of their own drum, who listens to her inner voice rather than what the world tells her.  Somewhere along the line, I lost that...I began to conform.  I got married, had four children and stayed married until they were grown.  When I divorced my husband, I was lost...Granted, I had a plan but really, beyond living out the day-to-day (ie: paying bills, keeping a roof over my head, et cetera), I had no thoughts of the future.  I couldn't even begin to think about it as it was completely overwhelming.

Fast forward three years.  I am a blogger, writer, teacher, and entrepreneur.  What made that difference?  How did I get here?  What was the key that unlocked all that potential?

Oola.  Yes, it is a peculiar little word that comes from Ooh-la-la.  The authors of the book, "Oola:  Find Balance in an Unbalanced World" describe it as a state of balance in seven key areas of your life:  faith, fitness, friends, fun, field, finance and family.  When you have met your goals (which are always changing) in those key areas, your life is indeed Oola = awesome!

I've written about Oola in the past and how it has helped me.  It has, in essence, helped me to look at myself and to write goals and work toward achieving them.  I also love this "system", because these guys want to "change the world with a word " -- and that word is --Oola.
 
But getting back to my quote above..."Not all who wander are lost."  It's true.  There are those of us who are risk-takers and willing to give all we have to make our dreams happen.  I'm a dreamer -- I'm also a doer.   It may take time to figure out what I want or where I am going but once it's on paper, there's no stopping me.  What about you?  Do you have dreams? 

That's the beautiful thing about Oola.  There is no comparison -- no jealousy--no negative vibes.  We are all on our own journey and we root for one another all along the way.

So if you're a wanderer...one who has dreams and doesn't know how to get there?   Wander to their website (www.oolalife.com) and pick up a copy of the book.  Read it and more importantly, work on your dreams and goals; help yourself figure out where you are and where you want to go.  It's really an amazingly, simple system to follow and I can attest, it works! 

So I guess everyone is wondering -- how much do I get for this plug?  Absolutely nothing!  You see, I believe in this system so much that to me, it's worth it just to see you get your life on track.  So, don't wander aimlessly but rather, with purpose.  And once you discover your purpose, help others find theirs.  It's really that simple.

The dreamers of the world?  The wanderers?  The ones who march to the beat of their own drum?  Those are the people I want to hang with....they're the ones who open their minds to possibilities.  And the possibilities are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment