Saturday, January 21, 2017

When You Get Obsessed

I have a problem.  I develop obsessions.  My latest is LuLaRoe.  Now, for those of you that have not discovered this clothing line, it is ridiculously comfortable.  Pajama-like comfortable.  And not terribly pricey.  To boot, they wash  well and look great.  But for the fact it costs several thousand dollars to open a home-based business, I would be selling the stuff.  So, here's a true story.  I ordered a pair of leggings off one of the 30 or so LuLaRoe groups I belong to on Facebook.  But here's the caveat.  I couldn't remember which one!  Now, that's a problem!  It's was a blackout of sorts; sign of a true addiction.  So, I deleted membership in all but three.  I decided that I had to draw the line somewhere.  

Mary Kay -- also an obsession.  LOVE this makeup and skincare line.  Again, not overly-priced and my skin looks amazing!  I decided I loved the product so much I would sell it.  Great idea, right?  But here's where the problem comes in...I love it so much, I want to try it all!  YES!  I find myself ordering things for me!  I can't wait to try the eye gel or cellulite cream.  Nor could I resist the cream to powder finish foundation.  And yes, I will be using the CC foundation when the weather gets warmer and I need a light finish for my face!  The Moroccan Dunes eye shadow quartet looks amazing on my eyes...a beautiful neutral palette -- perfect for daytime.  I am resisting the urge to break into the other palettes that sit in my office.

Essential oils -- again, a product I can get behind.  I joined Young Living.  Love their Thieves line of soap for my hands because they tend to feel like Brillo pads during the school year,  between hand sanitizer and school soaps.  Thieves is gentle on my hands.  Followed by my Mary Kay hand cream and my hands never felt softer.  I also use the frankincense oil to pray, Stress Away for the obvious, Pan Away and Peppermint for a foot that was hurt while playing tennis and lemon oil for my water.  I just purchased the Sensation massage oil -- I hear that ups libido.  I've yet to experience a product from this company that doesn't work, so I'm anxious to try it!

I have to say, thank God coffee isn't available as a home-based business nor margaritas or even Oola, as I'd definitely get behind those much-loved products.  And so, as I write my third blog for the day (yet, another obsession), I begin to wonder...  Am I normal?  The jury's still out on that one.  But I do know this.  My little obsessions are fun, keep me out of trouble and put people in my path that wouldn't be there otherwise.  I think I like these little quirks about myself.  It keeps life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment