Saturday, December 31, 2016

What's That Oil About?

I've been a distributor with Young Living Essential Oils for over a year now.  Sometimes I work the business, other times, not so much.  It is the beauty of being in business for yourself.

This past week, I went to my daughter's house and she was sick.  I gave her some samples of Thieves oil, because she was out of her "brand" of oils that her sister-in-law sells.  And truthfully, the sister-in-law has been in the oils business longer than myself, so there are no hard feelings there.  

Toward the end of my stay, I pulled out some Stress Away oil and suggested she smell it.  She did and said it was strong!  She pulled out the leading competitor's version of this oil and I smelled it.  Truth is, it was very light smelling, primarily lavender mix.  It definitely did not have the "oomph" of my Young Living Oils.  And so, I decided I need to pursue my oils more consistently.  You see, not all oils are alike and frankly, was shocked because her brand of oil is our leading competitor in Las Vegas.  In my humble opinion, there was no comparison.  

And so today, as I think about 2017, the decision is made to start planning some get-togethers, such as make and takes.  Book studies on oils of the Bible, as well as Oola.  It is interesting how something so insignificant can make such a huge impact on your life.  

So, if you are into oils, I suggest you look carefully at what you are buying.  Yes, Young Living Oils are not cheap.  There is a reason for that; they have a "seed to seal" guarantee.  These are not oils for the faint of heart.  The plants are grown in different parts of the world, specifically to be harvested and put into the oils.  If they don't meet a certain criteria, they are out.  Furthermore, it is possible to be sold out of oils for months at a time.  Why?  Because they are growing the plants that go into them and sometimes, they run out of them or have a bad harvest or weather issues.

So, if you think you are saving money by buying a product on Amazon or from another company, true enough.  But that's all you're getting; an oil with sub-par ingredients.  Truthfully, I wouldn't want to be breathing in or rubbing something on myself that is not overseen by others than our executives at Young Living.

And so, although this reads like an infomercial, know that this is about supporting your health and well-being.  It doesn't mean you won't get sick or this is to replace traditional medicines.  However, I do think using natural hand-washes, cleaning products and diffusing oils can offer benefits.

If you are interested in learning more, e-mail me at lisak58@hotmail.com  Your first step is getting a starter kit in your hands so you can enjoy the benefits of oils at a reduced price.  From there, it's all up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment