Sunday, December 11, 2016

Eye on the Prize

Image result for keep your eye on the prize


Well, it has begun.  I am already working on my Oola goals.  I am thrilled by all that I gleaned at OolaPalooza this year.  My major goal in weight loss is to get to a normal BMI.  I have spoken with a health coach and the process will begin tomorrow.  She is going to help me step-by-step.

I also spoke with a friend who is a life coach.  Many months ago, she offered me sessions at a reduced fee.  I did not really want to invest the time or money in myself.  I have decided that the time has come to investigate why I struggle with weight.  She is a Mind/Body coach who focuses on how the body and mind work together.  I am no longer going to see a counselor as frankly, I think that is basically beating a dead horse.  I have "graduated" in my mind.  Aside from weight and relationship issues, I am healthy and my life coach can help see me through those struggles.

As for relationship?  Aaaah, that one is tough.  One day I am ready to tie the knot, the next, I want my own apartment.  Wrong guy?  Doubtful.  Bad marriage = scarred.  Scared.  Make that terrified!  And so, I am going to read about the five love languages (I ordered the book yesterday) and give it to my fiance when I am finished.  I think that learning about our styles of loving one another is important.  He has been married several times and has been incredibly patient with my stalling, hesitation, freaking out and other undesirable traits in one's fiance.  So, before we buy the rings, I need to understand more about this thing called love.  I know God has placed this man in my path and has opened doors in order for us to marry.  I feel that this is who God wants me with; now, I actually have to move beyond my past and my fears.  I have asked for a prenup, with which he has agreed.  So why am I scared?  Because I have had my heart torn out before and I really, really, REALLY don't want to go through that again.  And I overthink.  Never good.  This will probably be a struggle until the day I say, "I do".  And yet, I don't want to get married just to "get it over with".  I want to say "I do" because I want it more than anything.

  Moving on...

My goal of mentoring students is actually ongoing.  I try to do that daily.  I have students who ask me to attend their events now and I talk to those that are struggling with classes.  I assure them that they can graduate.  You see, my students struggle; not just with school but with life.  So, my goal is to help them understand that everyone struggles and that you can still make it through whatever you are facing.  I believe you just have to push past whatever you are feeling and do your job -- which for them is school and for some, also working to help the family out financially.

As for other projects, I will be working on those over Christmas break.  One more week and then, Merry Christmas!  I am looking forward to some rest and solace.  I am spending time with family -- taking a well-deserved trip to visit grandchildren.  It's been a little over a year since I last saw them.  I can't wait!

And so, with effort, my dreams are starting to come true.  I hope I have a great report for the Oola guys when I go back to OolaPalooza in 2017.  Yes, I am planning for it.  I need it.  Some years, I get sidetracked and miss the mark,  but this year, I am extremely focused.  My eye is on that prize -- ME!  I deserve a balanced and healthy life.  I deserve to be a better version of myself.  I deserve all that and more! I deserve an Oola life!





No comments:

Post a Comment