Saturday, September 3, 2016

The World Today


Image result for john 3:16Today, I am bombarded with news reports that I just can't even process.  It is overwhelming.  The world is seriously broken.  I want to say, "God, where are you in all of this?  Don't you see what's happening?"  And all I hear is "I am in the midst."




There are days I want to scream and cry.  "Lord, heal us!"  I hear Him saying, "I've given you everything you need.  I am here but many have rejected me.  You make a mockery of who I am.  I AM the great I AM."

But didn't Jesus say, "forgive them, they don't know what they're doing?"  "He did...you have had more than 2000 years to come to Christ.  He is the Way to Me."

Lord, I get that.  I really do.  But what about the people who have grown up in places where Christianity is not known to them?  Maybe they grew up in a household where Christ wasn't talked about?  "I send missionaries to the far reaches of the world...people who are brave enough to stand on my Truth.  You are the church...what are YOU doing to help others come to Christ?"

God, I'm doing what I can.  "Are you?  Are you really?  My Son gave up His life for you.  All He asks is that you pick up your cross and follow Him.  Are you doing that?"

Think about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment