Thursday, September 22, 2016

Persistance




I want to share a story with you.  A friend of mine applied with a school district as a teacher.  He took classes for their alternate route to obtaining a license.  He passed all the Praxis teaching exams for both content and methods of teaching.  He also subbed for all but a few weeks last year.  At the end of June, he received a letter stating that there were "more qualified applicants" and a thank you for applying.  Yesterday, he got his teaching contract.  What made the district change their mind?  Persistence!

You see, in June, he could have called it a day and said, "Ok, I gave it my best shot!"  Instead, he refused to take "no" for an answer.  He reached out to people who were higher up.  He asked the hard questions to the "right" people.  He also kept a positive attitude.

Now, I like to think I have a positive attitude.  But, this guy was unstoppable.  He didn't say, "if" I get hired; he said "when".  He never once faltered in his belief to be hired as a teacher.  I must confess, there were moments when I had my doubts but I figured, "he'll see".  He saw, alright...He came... he saw...and he conquered!

I have to tell you...I love that indomitable spirit!  It is uplifting.  It makes me realize that we all have the power within us, if we not only believe but act on that belief.  I personally would never have imagined this happening in my wildest dreams; yet, it did.

So, the next time you are ready to give up...don't!  Follow your heart.  Chase your dreams!  Persistence pays!  Ready, set, go!  I dare you!  And while you're at it?  Don't you think of stopping for one second until you reach your goal!  Not "it might happen" but "it will happen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment