Monday, September 5, 2016

Closer

Image result for growing in faith


This past month, I had some interesting things happen in the area of my faith.  I spoke with my pastor about why I could not discern anything and he said it was because my mind was focused on so many other things that I could not hear God's voice.  He was right.  I went to my counselor and poured out my heart.  After that, I began to hear God's voice again.

12 You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.[a] You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. 13 For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. 14 Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong. Hebrews 5:12-18 (New Living Translation)
He has been trying to tell me some really important things; things I lost sight of these past few months.  I have been conforming to the world rather than listening to Him. And what He has to say is important.

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 (New Living Translation)
Last night I had a dream.  I have not had a dream about God in I don't know how long.  In my dream, I asked him to carry me home.  As I was flying, I was praising Him.  I went back later to the spot where He started carrying me and there were crosses on the ground; crystal, gold, large, small; beautiful crosses that I began to pick up.  As I wandered further along, the crosses became larger and looked more like tablets with Hebrew written on them.  I don't speak Hebrew but there was one that said in English "read the Book".

God is definitely speaking to me.  I heard Him in church yesterday.  As my pastor speaks, I hear God in my heart.  Yesterday in church was to me, incredibly joyful!  The music, the prayers, the worship, the fellowship.   It all comes together for me.

This next week, I will begin facilitating a Bible study on the old Testament.  I am a little anxious about it, as people who have facilitated studies for me will be in there; but I am ready.  God wants me to lead it for whatever reason and I am down for it.

So if you are struggling in your faith and either not growing, not enthusiastic or not learning, then look at your life.  Look at the things that weigh on your heart.  If you have a heart that is full of "stuff", how can the Holy Spirit reside there?   Our heart is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

10 But[a] it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. 1 Corinthians 2:10 (New Living Translation)

I have found that out as I continue my faith-filled journey.  Thank you, Pastor, for your words of advice; timely and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment