Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Apocalypse

Image result for january 1 great year march 20 toilet paper meme


I think my daughter put it most astutely when she said, "The Walking Dead never said anything about no toilet paper...I am not equipped for this!"  THIS being COVID-19.  Yes, I said it.  A virus that has forced all of us to learn a new normal including something called social distancing.  I don't know about you but from darkness comes light.  I am here to share some of that with you.

In Isaiah 43:1, God says, "Don't fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine."   

I don't know about you but when God says I am His, I am going to sit up and listen.  Why would God create the world and then destroy it?  Yes, John had an apocalyptic dream in Revelation but no one... no one knows what that means.  Nor should we guess.  To do so, only instills panic and fear. 

Which brings me to another point...panic and panic buying.  We need to trust God.  He will provide.

2“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?[a  Matthew 6: 25-27

It's true.  Does God not care for us more than the animals of this planet?  God supplies them with all they need.  Trust He will provide for you.  He knows what you need, even before you need it.

So what do we need to do when we are anxious?  We can find that answer in 1 Peter 5:7 

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Is this the Apocalypse?  I don't know -- do you?  But I do know with certainty, God is there for us.  He will provide for us.  He brings light to the darkness, even if it is just through people like me who take to the computer.  I personally think that maybe God has hit a reset button.  We  as people have been going along doing our own thing for far too long.  I think COVID-19 is His way of saying, "Take care of each other.  Be kind.  Do the right thing.  I am not in a building, I am everywhere.  Enjoy your families.  Slow down.  I've got this."

To those who are fearful, take comfort in these verses:

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe."

Nehemiah 8:10  "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." 

Isaiah 41:10    "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God."

I pray this blog brings peace and encouragement to many.  I leave you with this verse:

John 14:27   Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Scripture Lullaby on YouTube:

"I am Here"








No comments:

Post a Comment