Monday, March 16, 2020

Gratitude

Image result for gratitude


A lot of you might be wondering, "What in the world are you grateful for?"  There are so many things going on with COVID-19, people hoarding supplies and food, the stock markets going crazy...what exactly is there to be grateful for?

Well, after much thought, I came up with a gratitude list.  Here you go...you can thank me later...

First, I am grateful for the time to slow down.  In this hurry up, hustle and hold-three-jobs-down kind of world, I am thankful to be able to take time to reflect and spend time with my husband, who is also not working.

"Be still and know that I AM God."  Psalm 46:10

I am grateful that families get to spend time doing activities that I did as a child...board games, puzzles, playing outside...instead of watching television or be on technology 24/7.

I am also grateful that many in our communities have stepped up to help those in need; those who are unable to grocery shop or who are shut-ins.  Those who do not have family close by...there are people who have offered to lend a hand (or toilet paper) as the case may be.

"I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.”  Matthew 25:35

I am grateful that my family is safe and that they love me enough to say, stay where you are.  I was planning a visit but after much thought, we all decided it was better to wait until the United States had a better understanding of COVID-19.  

I am grateful that those I know who have autoimmune diseases are safe at home.

I am grateful that I have friends that I can call on...who are the calm in the storms of life.

I am grateful for the group of women who are Oola coaches...who meditated and prayed, via social media today.  How I needed that!

    "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20

Finally, I am grateful to God.  Today, I felt Him telling me that He is in control.  I believe COVID-19 is His way of saying, " world, you think you've got it all handled...but it's not you who is in charge...it's me.  Lean on me, not on yourselves." 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3: 5-6

 I have a healthy respect for that.  I also feel like He is saying to take care of His planet.  So much bottled water is going out the doors.  What about our natural resources?  Have we polluted them to a place that we can no longer drink out of a faucet?  It makes me wonder....

I also am grateful because a lot of people are reading my blog.  Some will delete it because I've mentioned God.  Others will wonder.  I am hoping some will pray.  God will always accept our prayers.  I am grateful that we have a loving God...that in times like these, it is to bring glory to Him and no doubt, we will rise to that occasion.  And so for those who are anxious, I offer this prayer...

"Our Father, who Art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.  Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread.  And forgive us our trespasses (sins), as we forgive those who trespass (sin) against us.  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.  For thine is the kingdom, the power and glory, forever and ever.  Amen."

May you be blessed and be grateful for everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment