Thursday, July 21, 2016

Is it Ever Too Late?

Image result for time passes quotes

Of late, I am feeling like time is getting away from me.  Already three years have passed since my divorce and nine years, since my mother passed away.  I remember sitting at her hospital bedside and hearing a voice telling me to go into ministry.  But what IS the ministry?  I never got an answer.

I hear a voice today saying, "your testimony...you have to share your testimony."  What is so special about MY testimony?  Clearly, it must mean something to some people.  I have it written down but it is long.  I have had a life like many and yet, like no others.  I have been a part of the world of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.  I have gone through trials like many.  I have questioned my faith a thousand times.  What is it God wants me to share?

I have written many blogs and truly, the readership has surpassed my expectations.  Clearly God's hand has been on it.  He has found a way for it to circulate throughout the world.  Him.  Not me.

And so today, I heard a voice say, "Be still."  I am, to rest.  To listen to His words.  I have read the Bible, listened to worship music and read a devotional for the day.  I have also taken to working through a workbook to determine whether or not it is ordained ministry he wants me to go into; the pieces still are not quite fitting together but I feel like I am close.  Very close.

I am 56 years old.  How much time does it take to discern where I am to minister?  It has been YEARS.  Daily prayer.  I see people around me getting sick while others die.  They are not much older than me.  How much time does this take?  God?  I need an answer!  I don't want to fail YOU!

So for those out there that read this blog, please lift your prayers to Him.  What does HE want for my life?  How can I serve HIM?  Yes, this blog is a little on the selfish side -- okay, a lot.  But at the same time, I watch the clock ticking.  Will I live to 100?  75?  60?  Only He knows.  But I do know this.  I will work to fulfill His life's calling;  I accept.  I am here.  I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment