Sunday, July 19, 2015

Why Write?

 
 
 
Romans 8:30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. (NIV)
 
 
Have you ever received a call on your cell phone from God?  What if you did?  Would you answer it?  Or let it ring off the hook?
 
Well, being called to ministry is sort of like that...a phone call that doesn't stop ringing.  Back in 2007, God explicitly told me that I would go into ministry.  It was during the time my mother lay dying in the hospital with cancer.  I was reciting a liturgy in my head over and over when the call came.  I had no idea what that meant.  Me?  Ministry?  I was flattered that God could actually use me.  After all, I certainly am not that well-read in Scripture or anything that is associated with ministry.  I wasn't exactly sure what that call entailed but I was more than willing to answer it.
 
I spent the next 5 years trying to figure out where exactly God could use me.  As time went on, I was somewhat frustrated, as I got no "concrete" answers.  Yet, I continued to search.  Finally, I gave up.  After all, this was His plan, not mine.  Maybe I was wrong.  I knew I wasn't but was certainly willing to lay it by the wayside for the time being.
 
One day in church, in 2012, our pastor asked us to pray for something that we really wanted to happen.  My prayer was to be more bold about sharing my faith.  Little did I know how that prayer would transform my life.  In 2013, I began blogging about marriage.  I had no plans for anything with my blog; I'm not even sure I know what the impetus was for blogging!  But, as only God can, He answered that prayer;  www.amazinggrace490.blogspot.com  was born.
 
I only write when I am inspired, and today would be one of those days.  Amazinggrace is more than a blog; I believe it is the ministry which God planned for my life.  I have written a book and will be publishing it soon.  It is a testimony of God's healing in my life.  More importantly, it offers hope to those who have gone through difficult times.  I know without God in my life, I could not have gotten through my personal struggles. 
 
I am often told how strong or courageous I am.   That does not come because of who I am but because of who He is.  He is my Rock and Redeemer.  It is on Him that I am building the foundation of my life with Jesus as the Cornerstone.
 
And so, if any of you hear a call from God, answer it.  I know there are people reading and I pray my words bring comfort to those that need hope, healing and encouragement.  You never know the plans He has for your life.  I am on an amazing journey -- one I could not, in my wildest dreams, imagine.  Where will this journey end?  I have no idea.  For now, I continue to write. 
 
 
 
 
"Let them See You" by JJ Weeks Band
 

No comments:

Post a Comment